Only in San Diego can December be this beautiful for R/C scale boating! This video covers December 13 & 27 at the San Diego Model Yacht Pond.
Here are the ships present in order of appearance:
1) SS Jeremiah O’Brien scratch built (1:96 scale) by Fred Frass, reworked by Mark Weber
2) Battle Tug kit bashed Lindberg hull (1:96 scale) by David Manley
3) Bristol Bay (Aquacraft RTR) customized by Mike Rivera and owned by John Ramirez
4) Atlantic Tugboat (Aquacraft RTR) customized by David Alvarez
5) C-Tractor kit bashed Dickie Toys tugboat (1:96 scale) by Mark Weber
6) RTR Wakeboarding boats brought by visiting kids
1) Orca from movie “Jaws” scratch built by Ken Wilson
2) Side Wheeler scratch built by Brian Tripp
3) USS Tawasa ATF-92 scratch built (1:96 scale) by David Manley
4) Helen Trawler Artesania Latina Kit built by David Alvarez
5) Coast Guard built by unknown, customized by David Alvarez
6) Neptune Cargo Ship Graupner kit built by Don & Ryan
7) USS White Plains (CVE-66) built (1:96 scale) by Jimmie Hawkin
8) USS Hammann (DD-412) built (1:96 scale) by Martin Bunch
9) C-Tractor kit bashed Dickie Toys tugboat (1:96 scale) by Mark Weber
10) HT-2879A RTR toy destroyer run by a guest
11) USS Copahee (CVE-12) aircraft carrier scratch built (1:96 scale) by David Manley
12) SS Jeremiah O’Brien scratch built (1:96 scale) by Fred Frass, reworked by Mark Weber
13) Atlantic Tugboat (Aquacraft RTR) customized by David Alvarez
Music: Michael von Frankfurt – Kreislauf
Come check out the scale model boats Saturday mornings at the San Diego Model Yacht Pond:
It’s time to test our your lighting systems and to unpack your sweaters! The San Diego Argonauts will be having an evening Parade of Lights at the San Diego Model Boat Pond on Wednesday, January 7, 2014 at 5:00pm. See you there!
Edit 1/9/2015: Check out the photos and video from this event here: https://www.sandiegoargonauts.com/?p=282
Want to see some incredible racing? Check out the 2015 San Diego Cup July 31-August 2!
Oh, the joys of vacation and catching up on some video editing. Here’s some video from November 29. I trimmed it down to focus on the 1:96 scale ships present.
- USS Copahee (CVE-12) aircraft carrier scratch built (1:96 scale) by David Manley (Not shown in video, but this incredible R/C ship features a functional airplane elevator)
- C-Tractor kit bashed Dickie Toys tugboat by Mark Weber
- USS Nicholas (DD-449) built (1:96 scale) by Martin Bunch
Music featured in video:
“Parliament” by Cloudkicker
It’s time to renew your San Diego Argonauts membership. Here’s a quick link to the form. New members are always welcome and can use the same form.
Pardon the foggy look of this video. My GoPro’s waterproof case had some condensation inside of it.
Date: November 22, 2014
Location: San Diego Model Yacht Pond
Some of the Boats Present:
- Bristol Bay kit bashed by Ken Wilson
- SS Minnow of Gilligan’s Island TV Show built by David Alvarez
- Seguin Tugboat Midwest kit 1:48 scale originally built by Ken Wilson, reworked by Mark Weber
- Navy tug “Odin” Lindberg kit originally built by Lew Johnson, reworked by “Little Dave”
- USS Monitor scratch built by Jeff Sparksworthy
- Star 30 Sailboat restored by Brian Tripp
- USS Jenkins (DD-447) built (1:96 scale) by Jimmie Hawkins
- Fire Rescue 17 an Aquacraft RTR modded by David Alvarez
Come join us on a Saturday morning at the San Diego Model Yacht Pond:
Music: Easy Jam from Kevin MacLeod.
San Diego Argonauts Newsletter – November 2014 – Volume 55 Issue #10
A number of the San Diego Argonauts Scale Boats guys also run with Task Force 96, which is a Scale Boat group that builds and runs incredible 1:96 or 1:100 scale models. He had a great run on December 6, 2014 commemorating the anniversary of the December 7 attack on Pearl Harbor.Photos: 2014_12_06–Task Force 96 Santee Lakes Run (Album 1 of 2) https://plus.google.com/photos/108653016568242154752/albums/6093829941546880977 2014_12_06–Task Force 96 Santee Lakes Run (Album 2 of 2) https://plus.google.com/photos/108653016568242154752/albums/6093867524550331601 Videos: