The Scale Boat Division of the San Diego Argonauts is hosting a regatta!
- Date: Saturday, June 25, 2016
- Time: 10:00-2:30pm
- Location: San Diego Model Yacht Pond — Vacation Isle in Mission Bay
(Approximate address is 100 Vacation Rd, San Diego, CA 92109)
What to Expect:
- Navigation Course & Static Judging:
- $5 per boat entry
- Includes on skipper ticket
- Lunch: $10 for food:
- Rotisserie Chicken, Homemade Rice, Baked Beans, Watermelon, Homemade Brownies Cookies, Chips & Drink
- Extra drinks: $1 each
- Trading Tables: Bring your extra boats & parts
- Must be present to win at 2:00pm
- $1 for a raffle ticket
- $5 for 6 raffle tickets
- Remote controlled model boats! Cool, cool scale boats! Come check ’em out even if you don’t have one!
Details: In 2015 we revived scale boat regattas in San Diego! We had a great family-friendly event, and we’re planning another one for 2016. Come on down to the San Diego Model Yacht Pond on Vacation Isle Park.
Parking: Parking is free and first come first serve. Park on north side of the pond. Additional parking southeast of the pond.
Bring: Bring your own table, chair & sun screen. Bring a scale boat to run through our navigation course. Bring money for lunch & raffle and spare stuff for trading.
Rinse Table: Yup, the pond is saltwater. It’s connected to the San Diego bay and is fed through the tide. This keeps our pond like very few other. Model boaters have been using this pond for 80+ years. We just rinse our boats after use. We’ll have a rinse table setup to make rinsing easier than ever.
RSVP is not necessary. However, feel free to e-mail David Alvarez email@example.com with questions or to let us know you’ll be joining. Or, let us know by checking on on:
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/events/1676970265852218/
- RCgroups: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2585455
Last year’s event was a total success! Check out photos from our 2015 summer regatta here.